My Travel Map

Friday, June 19, 2009

Dear L.A., I miss you.

Dear L.A.,

I miss you. I mean I really miss you. On my flight back to Northern California I had a layover in Los Angeles and I desperately wanted to wrap my arms around the city. I was gonna say hi, but you looked busy, and I don't know, I didn't want to bother you. So how are you? Are you seeing anyone? I saw a lot of cities over the past few months, but in the end, my heart still belongs to you. I plan on moving back soon. Maybe we can get together and chat about old times, have a few laughs? Oh, I got a dog. His name is Sammy and I think you'll love him. Well, I guess I should go. I really hope you haven't forgotten about me. Here's to the endless possibilities that the future holds!

Love always,
Natalie

PS. Thank you to all my readers! Your encouragement has meant so much to me. I'm beyond grateful that I took this trip. I feel so much more relaxed, more joyful. I also have a ton of pictures and stories that didn't make it into the blog, and I look forward to sharing those with you in the future.

A lot of people have asked what I learned from this life sabbatical. I didn't have any major epiphanies, but I've learned that I want to live a simple, yet creative life punctuated by mini adventures. I want to plan for more travel instead of waiting until I'm going to burst. I want to write and paint and create instead of reading books about squeezing those things into my life. I want to have a job I love without having to take the stress home with me every day. I want to spend ample time with friends and family. I'm learning to enjoy living in the moment, and I must say it makes all the difference. I realize this all sounds like the inside of a greeting card, but there you have it. These are my simple, yet achievable goals. Thanks again, everyone. Happy adventures to you!


PPS. I'm going back to www.nataliedejohn.blogspot.com. It needs a makeover, but I'll have it spruced up this summer.

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how proud of you I am. Can't wait for our adventure when you come visit us with Samwise soon. p.s. Belle is excited, and pregnant free...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant and you inspire me! Can't wait to have your magical force back in our city! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW YOU WERE ON RANDY'S PODCASTS,BUT IT WASN'T UNTIL I HEARD MARC CHAMBERS TALK ABOUT YOUR USE OF SOUND EFFECTS.INTERESTING USE. THE DEAD GIRL YOU LOOK LIKE IS KAREN CARPENTER,BUT YOU ARE PRETTIER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where has been your favorite travel site? Looking for places for the hubbi and I :-)

    ReplyDelete