My Travel Map

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Vegas, Baby, Vegas!

Hey, look, I'm in Paris!

Just kidding. I'm in Vegas.



Kinda random, but I love this picture. It's the ceiling in the Bellagio lobby.



Dancing water.

Okay, so I didn't take that many pictures when I was out on the Strip last night. I hung out there while Amanda was at work and I didn't really feel like drinking or gambling (I know, I know. It's Vegas). So I just explored and ate and sat in coffee shops and read my book. It was kind of relaxing. Truth is, I missed my puppy.

***

"I'm making room for my joy." --India.Arie

The line above is a lyric from India.Arie's "I Choose" and I am constantly using it to refer to cleaning out clutter or getting rid of bad memories. Sometimes you gotta get rid of the crap in your life to make room for your joy. And that's exactly what we did today at Amanda's yard sale.



It's the Making-Room-For-Amanda's-Joy Yard Sale! And it was freezing. Super windy.



This dusty, unwanted exercise machine is amazing! You should buy it!



Vacuum, anyone?

***

A Tiny Hobbit's Big Adventure - Starring Samwise Gamgee

What's that? You want me to gush about my new puppy like one of those deranged pet owners who talk about their animals as if nothing else is going on in the world? Okay!

When Sam and Frodo first leave the Shire Sam pauses at the end of a field for a moment:

Sam: This is it.
Frodo: This is what?
Sam: If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.

I'm pretty sure that's what my Samwise was thinking when he ventured out on his first walk. With a leash and everything! Freakin' adorable.



So tiny! He was a little hesitant at first, but eventually started sprinting.



He likes the shade.



He wasn't sure what to make of the grass. Tried to stay away from it.



Then he realized the grass wasn't so bad as long as he was hiding under my leg.

Frodo: Come on, Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

(My Nerd-O-Meter is quickly rising).

4 comments:

  1. Rocky would be jealous ;)

    (That's all I got right now. Its late... or early.. either way I dont sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat . . . he is SO adorable . . . of course you know that. Adam and I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts. We just love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was actually from Renee, but I agree about Samwise . . . he's adorable. And I'm proud of you for how your nerd-o-meter is rising :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last picture of little Samwise Gamgee with one little eye watching. You just want to hug and kiss that little guy. How fun, his first big walking adventure. And yes, brag, brag, brag....I love pet stories. What can I say, I am a pet person. :D

    ReplyDelete