My Travel Map

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd Like You to Meet...

A lot of people commented that they were surprised I left the East Coast so soon. Part of the reason I wanted to get to Vegas so quickly was because of this fella right here. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet...



Samwise Gamgee!!!!!!

I'm in love!!! Isn't he the most precious thing? So the story is I've been wanting a puppy forever and I talked about it every damn day of my life for the past few years and I especially wanted a smaller dog and my dear friend Amanda said her dog was eventually gonna have puppies with her mom's dog and that happened sooner rather than later and Amanda's gift to me was one of the puppies and I knew this back in January when the mama dog was pregnant and I also knew that when I got a dog his name would be Samwise Gamgee and I was a little hesitant on the timing of all this but when the litter was born there was only one boy and I knew it was meant to be!



He's a Shorkie (Shitzu and Yorkie mix) and he's only 6 weeks old. I love him to pieces! At first I was totally freaked out. But I'm slowly learning how to raise a puppy. Amanda has been a big help. And he's still with his mama and the other puppies right now. I've already taken a billion pictures. Here's a handful.



There's Sammy's little booty. I've noticed he likes to bury his head under pillows.



That's Samwise with this three sisters.



Kissing his sister.





That's Sam with his mom and dad. Grandma dog is sitting at the top of the couch.



Samwise is yawning. Time for another nap!








Now I know what a lot of you are thinking. Puppies are a big responsibility, Natalie. Aren't you traveling? Do you have a place to live? What about a job? And the economy?!

Don't you fret. I've got a plan. And now I'm loving the timing of all this. How perfect that I should meet Samwise Gamgee during my travels.

" I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. 'Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee.' And I don't mean to. I don't mean to." --Samwise Gamgee (the Hobbit, not the Shorkie :-)

5 comments:

  1. He will be a perfect size once Ava gets here - She'll be able to ride him like a horse :)

    And when she's older, Im sure she'll love pulling his ear and carrying him by his tummy. I can see it now.

    I think my favorite picture is the one with all the different generation of dogs. I think you should buy one of those "Through the Generations" picture frames and put that one in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAAAAAH! THE BABY!!!!! I LOVE HIM, TOO!! I can't wait to meet him! I'm so very excited and happy for you. I have faith that you will be a VERY good mama to little Sammie. He is so cute, I have no words. I am speechless. You two are adorably perfect together! Congrats! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Im exploding in smiles right now!!!! He is the most precious thing ever!! Natalie, you're a momma!!!! He totally has your yawn! Ajfhaksjhfgakjghadjkhgjkdfghljk :)))))) So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the puppy in person!!! Our doggies can be friends now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! little Samwise Gamgee is definitely a heart stealer. So cute!! Definitely can see why you fell in love. Funny story, way back when I was young I was allowed to have a little pup (for a short while) and I named him Samwise. Had just read Lord of the Rings and fell in love with that character. Perfect name for your little one. What do they say about great minds....... :D

    You will have so much fun with little Samwise Gamgee. Perfect size for your nomadic travel plans. Can't wait to see him. Love all the pics of him and you. He is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete