My Travel Map

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Yellow Ones Don't Stop

I haven't been as good about taking pictures and I think I know why. It's like when parents have more than one kid. The first kid has all sorts of photo albums capturing every moment of his or her life, then the second kid comes along and there aren't quite as many photo albums. The third kid is lucky to have any pictures at all. I just realized Seattle is like my firstborn. But don't worry, other cities. I love you just as much. And I promise to be better about taking pictures...



Chillin' in front of Noel's place.



Noel and her dry cleaning.



The diner from Seinfeld.





30 Rock!







Times Square




I have more pics to post, but the computer is being fussy. I'll try again tomorrow (my birthday!) and I'll post some new stories, too. You know, for someone with no sense of direction, I've been doing pretty well getting around the city by myself. My strategy is to walk fast, act like I know what I'm doing, and hope for the best. It must be working because I had three different people ask me for directions today! I couldn't help them at all, but I was very flattered.

5 comments:

  1. So true about the second child. Good thing mom and dad didn't have a third one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Natalie!!!!! Glad you are having so much fun on your nomad adventure. Thought of you all day - no doubt you did something special on your birthday. Can't wait to hear about it - whatever "it" was that you did today. We sent you an ecard and hopefully you did get it. Take care. Love, Uncle Ken & Aunt Rochelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "walk fast, act like I know what I'm doing, and hope for the best"

    That's it, girl! You figured it out! That's what I did for eight years in NYC! Glad you're having an awesome time. And now you get to enjoy a snowy NYC, too! Though you'll quickly find out it's only lovely for the first 24 hrs - then it all turns black and soupy. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out about your blog! So, I just spent the last hour or so reading and laughing like crazy. You are unbelievable. Miss you, friend. And, I'm LOVING your life right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out about your blog! So, I have spent the last hour or so reading and laughing like crazy. Miss you, friend. And, I'm LOVING your life right now.

    ReplyDelete