My Travel Map

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Seattle Adventures


Hello, Faithful Readers!

It's already been a week since I got to Seattle. Crazy. It's weird not having constant access to the internet. I feel a bit disconnected from the world. That's probably good though. Gives me more time to think, read, meditate, write, pray. It's 7:30 am and I'm sitting at Tully's, catching up on emails and drinking coffee to wake up. Here's a picture montage of my visit so far:



This is my lovely housemate, Jasper. Isn't she adorable?



See? We're best friends already.



I'm earning my keep by doing dishes. Brooke cooks and I clean...sometimes.



Cooking with Brooke!



Too many cupcakes. Stomach hurts.



Seriously, I can't even look at another cupcake.



Antique shopping/rummaging.



My first attempt at indoor rock climbing! Actually, I think it's called bouldering because we weren't using ropes. Even the beginner problems were scary to me.



You're almost there, Natalie! Almost to the top. Just gotta grab that last rock at the top with the white tape. Go, Natalie!



Yippee!!! I did it!



Our corny high five picture.



We met up with Jill at her bar. The camera was on the wrong setting, but I think the picture stills looks cool. Artsy fartsy.



Brooke and Justin.



Jill, Me, Brooke. I've seen Jill maybe twice in the past 8 years or so. It was good to see her again. I reminisced about the time she and I ditched school, drove to my house and called the Maury Povich show. We tried to get on a show about being bullied. I think our make-believe story was something like, "This girl at school likes to punch us in the face."



Karaoke!



Okay, time to catch up on emails. Speaking of which, if you aren't receiving my email blog updates, let me know. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. evidently all i have to wear is a gray sweatshirt. seriously, remind me to stop. and also to get a better haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool. That bouldering looks like fun, I think that I would like to try it here in Fresberg. I haven't seen Jill in forever, but I still remember when the big sisters picked up the little brothers for a night at the Dorsey's when the rest of YHS got stuck in the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending the pics. Looks like you are having a good time on your first adventure stop. Definitely can relate to feeling disconnected when away from the internet. Hmmmm, how did we get along before internet? Take care and keep the updates coming. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that everyone has sexy friends but me? Oh, right...

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha you make me laugh so hard! Thanks for keeping us informed on your trip. Looks like you're having so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So the next day at work some guy was at the bar, and all was normal. Till he paid his tab, and asked me "were you at the yen wor last night?" "Uh....yeah I was, hope i didn't make an ass of myself...(sheepish grin)
    "No more then anybody else" he says.
    then he left me a 60% tip...
    I thought I remembered everything, but apparently I made an impact on the guy! So great to see you natalie!

    ReplyDelete