My Travel Map

Thursday, February 19, 2009


"Hey, what's up?" my sister said when she answered the phone.

"Are you near a computer?" I asked.

"Yeah, what do you need?"

"Well, I think I'm lost, and I don't wanna bug Michael at work."

"Where are you at?"

"I'm trying to get to the metro station. There was supposed to be some bus, but I didn't see it, so I decided to walk the whole way. I think I'm close, but I wanna make sure. It's looking weird around here."

The sidewalk ended and I felt like I was approaching the freeway entrance, which seemed wrong. Between the gusty winds and the train, I could barely hear my sister. She was able to look up the address I needed. I was apparently going the correct way.

"It says you'll go left over the train tracks," she says to me.

"But there's a train there."

"Well, that's what it says."

"But I'm getting close to the metro, right?"

"This says it's 45 minutes away."

"45 minutes?!"

"That's what it says."

"Geez."

"Hey, it'll be an adventure."

And she was right. I'm officially onto my next adventure. I'm staying with my cousin Michael in Alexandria, VA and I did finally find the metro to DC. It was so blustery today! By the end of the day, my hair was a complete mess. You know in the movies when the woman is in a convertible and her scarf flies off or maybe she didn't wear a hat and then the next scene is when she reaches the place she's going and someone behind the counter of the hotel or rental car place or wherever looks at her funny and then it cuts to a shot of the woman looking like the bride of frankenstein? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it looked like.

I had more stories to tell but I'm running out of steam. And I had more pictures to post, but I think the computer is running out of steam, too. More tomorrow. Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you're on the East Coast already! I've been following your blog so far and have enjoyed it. I've added it to my quick links so I can check regularly. Will you be heading to the Philadelphia area, or is your adventure planned out? We'd love to have you stay with us. It's been almost 10 years since we've seen each other. Would love to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it ok to the station!

    After I got off the phone with you, I became jealous because I had to go back to work and you were off on another adventure :)

    But Im happy that you're having such an awesome time! If you need help scrapbooking your memories, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want more! You're keeping me entertained at work...

    ReplyDelete