My Travel Map

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Not You. It's Me.


Dear L.A.

It's not you, it's me. I don't think we should see each other for a while. It's not a breakup exactly. Just a break. Yes, I plan on seeing other cities. I expect you to see other people, too. I'm quitting my job and traveling around the country. Maybe when I come back we can get together and decide what to do next.

Don't cry. I hate it when you cry. We've had some great times together. It's just that I'm feeling suffocated. I'm in a rut, and I need a change. I hope you can understand.

I love you. Goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Seattle wants to be your rebound. Which reminds me of a very charming (read: dirty) song by the Hot Toddies.

    Seattle

    I miss my boy when I'm in Seattle.
    I'd like to ride him like a horse without a saddle
    I'd like to spank him with a big wooden paddle
    I get so horny when I'm in Seattle

    Seattle, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle
    Seattle, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle

    On the road it's such a battle
    When I go out I like to shake my rattle
    It gets so hard without someone to straddle
    I get so horny when I'm in Seattle

    Seattle, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle
    Seattle, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle

    It's time to, it's time to
    Skedaddle, skedaddle
    It's time to skedaddle...
    To Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lights will be a little bit dimmer here in LA now that you're leaving. But like that David Cook song, LA will leave the LIGHT ON for you. Yes I'm a sappy dork but I'm going to miss you. Happy Trails, my friend!

    ReplyDelete