My Travel Map

Friday, January 30, 2009

Good Morning, Seattle!


I made it to Seattle! I don't have a whole lot to tell because I just got in on Wednesday. Yesterday was a travel recovery day for me. Slept in, did some reading and writing, cleaned up dog pee (Jasper gets really excited around new people). I've just been chillin' with Brooke, my hostess and dear friend. It's been too long since we've hung out, so I'm super excited to spend time with her. She and Justin have been very welcoming. Check out my welcome sign:




I haven't taken many pictures yet, but here's some pics of my digs in Snohomish. The house is adorable! I even have my own bedroom. Quite delightful.






I'm currently at a coffee shop in the U District. Yay for free WiFi and friends who loan me their laptops! I'm planning on doing a lot of writing and exploring today. I had to get up at te crack of dawn to get a ride with Brooke on her way to work. You know, getting up early isn't bad at all when you're looking forward to the day ahead of you. I've been surprised with all the natural energy I've had the past few days. It's weirding me out. In a good way.


I want to thank everyone who helped me prepare for this crazy trip. Thank you for helping me pack, storing my stuff, watching my car, giving me a place to sleep, feeding me, taking me to the airport, picking me up from he airport. Most of all thank you for your love and support. My friends and family are the best. I am blown away by the amazing people in my life.


ps. Happy Birthday to my little sister! I love you!

4 comments:

  1. As I read this, Ava is kicking me like crazy. I think its her way of saying, "Hi Auntie Natalie!"

    Their house looks absolutely ADORABLE (Can I have it?) Glad to hear the travels have started off nicely - waiting patiently for my postcard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh I love it! I am living vicariously through you. Can't wait for you to come visit us and share stories from your trip. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you feel the earthquake? And you thought you left quake country behind. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. right on! coffee and wifi! not sure about the dog pee? ;-) had a blast tracking your flight - i love the little airplane on the map! love brooke's home and your room looks fabulous! and wishing you much more good energy!

    ReplyDelete